NCHC has been a focal point for all cultural and religious activities being observed by the Nepali origin Hindus living in the GTA. Some of its services are listed below:
Cultural and Social Services:
- Providing space and arranging priests for traditional rituals like birthday celebration, threading (Bratabandha) ceremony, completing of death mourning etc.
- Providing space and priests for marriages including “mass-Bel Bibah” (especially organized by Newar community).
- Helping community members to worship their newly procured vehicles.
- Free distribution of “Blessing Grass” (Jamara) which is a must for celebrating the greatest festival, namely Dashain, of the Nepali origin people.
- Organize feasts for Pashupatinath Temple visitors on every first and third Sundays of each calendar month.
- Assist the Nepali community women every year to celebrate Teej by providing space for worshiping, dancing, and singing; and arranging their dinner.
- Arrange traditional musical concerts from time to time for small musical groups living in GTA area.
- Entertain the invitees by traditional Bhailo song and dance visiting their houses during Tihar festival which also helps to raise funds (donations) for the Pashupatinath Temple.
- Daily morning worship – 09:00a. m. to Noon (excludes first and third Sunday).
- Lord Ganesh community worship – First Sunday of every month from 11:00 a. m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Lord Shiva community worship – Third Sunday of every month from 11:00 a. m. to 1:00 p.m. followed by free community food service.
- Shiva Sandhya Aarati – Every Monday from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Observe major religious events, namely, Buddha Jayanti, Janai Purnima, Shri Krishna Janmashtami, Teej, Dashain, Diwali, Shiva Ratri, Ram Nawami.
- Organize special sermons and discourses based on religious scriptures and traditional values by engaging acclaimed religious priests.