Nepalese Canadian Heritage Centre (NCHC) at a Glance
Historically, the Nepalese religious tradition evolved through the amalgamation of Hindu and Buddhist beliefs. Hinduism and Buddhism share common values, tradition and shrine for worship and believe in peaceful co-existence, compassion, forgiveness and religious harmony. The people of Nepalese origin take immense pride in this religious heritage and traditions that significantly define the Nepalese way of life. In light of the growing Nepalese Canadian populace in Canada, particularly in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and its surrounding areas, it is prudent to communally own a place for congregating, practicing and celebrating Nepalese religious rites, festivities, and traditions.
THEREFORE, WE THE PEOPLE OF NEPALESE ORIGIN come together to establish a place of worship called the Shree Pashupatinath Mandir
with the goal of advancing Hindu and Buddhist religious heritage and traditions in Canada and thereby enrich the Canadian multiculturalism.
Advancing Hindu and Buddhist religious heritage respecting the Canadian multiculturalism enshrined in the Canadian Multiculturalism Act.
NCHC’s objectives are as follows:
- To establish and operate a place of worship for Hindus and Buddhists
- To provide ritual services for observing and celebrating Hindu and Buddhist religious events and ceremonies
Board of Directors: NCHC has a Board of Directors. The Directors are elected by members. Board has a Chairperson and a Vice-Chairperson responsible for chairing and smooth running of Board meetings. The Board is responsible for making policies of the Corporation.
Executive Committee: Executive committee is appointed by the Board of Directors and it consists of the following office bearers:
- Vice Chairperson
The Executive Committee is responsible for implementing the strategic plans and policies of the corporation.
Sources of Funds: The following are the sources of funding of the corporation:
- Revenue from worships
- Membership fees
- Revenue from religious events
Short Term Priorities:
- Conduct fund raising campaign by exploring all potential sources.
- Provide services of rites and rituals ranging from birth to death, e.g., naming (christening) ceremony, Annaprasan (child food initiation ceremony), Bratabandha (rite of passage), wedding ceremony and Shraddha (last/death rites), among others.
- Conduct religious discourses.
Long Term Goal:
Purchase bigger size land to construct a grand Shree Pashupatinath temple with a worship hall that can accommodate over 500 people.
How Can You Get Involved?
Participation and contribution of each and every community member is very important for the success of the NCHC project. You can get involved in the following ways:
- Participate in NCHC events and activities and inspire others to get involved
- Donate regularly through pre-authorized monthly payment. You can donate as low as $10 per month and encourage your family members, friends and colleagues to donate.
- Secure the membership of your interest and participate in its management roles
The Pre-authorized Debit payment form is available at Resources Section
of the web site.
How to Secure Memberships
- Become a Patron - $7,500
- Become a Life Member - $1000.
- Become a General Member - $108 per year
Membership application form is available at Resources Page For more information please email to email@example.com